Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Start of Wedding Season

Last weekend I went to the first of four weddings I have this year. It's going to be a busy wedding year - but I'm very excited to share in so many friends' and family's special days! In the process of planning for the wedding I'm in August I remember the cake woman said that you'd be surprised how often little kids topple over the cake at a wedding. I think that might be the worst thing that could happen at a wedding. Rain - you'll make it work, but no wedding cake?! What a sad thought!

Thankfully at the wedding this past weekend there were lots of well behaved children - so no cake was toppled over, and it's a good thing because it was beautiful! The navy blue and light green wedding colors were brought into the cake and given the setting down on Cape Cod, I loved that they used little adirondack chairs in place of a bride and groom cake topper. It was simple and had real frosting - not fondant, which I appreciated very much! When the cake was served I found my piece to be a lovely white cake - I heard that others had chocolate, so the variety was nice too. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Schneider - I hope that you're having a wonderful time in Italy enjoying all of the amazing cuisine and wine it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment