Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers Bring May . . . Herbs?

Another plus of my new apartment - I have a little porch outside! So with beautiful weather and almost 70 degrees outside today I took advantage of it. I cleaned off the porch, moved my little wooden ikea cart out there and did a little spring planting! I've never really planted anything on my own before, from seeds, so I really hope that in a few weeks I'll start actually seeing the beginning of some herb plants. Having fresh herbs to cook with makes such a big difference. I'll be sure to let you all know if they start growing anytime soon and then I'll have some recipes to share with my fresh herbs: two types of basil - a citrus lime basil and a sweet basil, cilantro, rosemary and dill.


Fingers crossed I find that I have a green thumb in addition to my cooking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment