Monday, May 28, 2012

Posto - Wood Fired Pizza in Somerville

Ever since Posto opened up in Somerville I've been wanting to try it and it took me probably two years to finally get there. It's right on the main street just outside Davis Square, has outdoor sidewalk seating when the weather is nicer, and the inside is really cute. We made a reservation just to be safe, but since it was a weeknight it didn't end up too busy. The prices are high for pizza, but if you compare it to any other night out at a restaurant I suppose it's not very different. They also have a fun cocktail menu, nice bar area, and a nice upscale feel to the place.

Posto
187 Elm Street, Davis Square - Somerville
I tried the Mango Sangria and my friend got a Blood Orange Martini if I remember correctly. Cocktails range from $9-$11, but they are tasty. Since pizza is the thing to get here, we decided to share two pizzas so we could try two different kinds! Another good sharing option would be to get a pizza and a salad to share. Our first was the 'Mushroom' - asiago, parmesan, homemade fior di latte, sliced garlic, lemon zest, oregano and arugula ($16.95) - my friend remembered ordering this once and it being too lemony, but we chanced it and I thought it was good! The mushrooms were maybe a bit too mushroomy for me, they were on the larger side and a bit meaty, not small button mushrooms which I usually prefer. The second we chose was the 'Honeycrisp Apple' - roasted apples, gorgonzola crema, applewood bacon, caramelized onions, arugula, vincotto ($17.95). This one was really different - a nice change. The bacon wasn't super crispy and gorgonzola is usually too strong for me, but overall the flavors worked really well together. Their dough is delicious - a little crispy, doughy on the inside, very fresh tasting. The pizzas are probably considered individual, but it's a lot of food that could easily be shared. I would recommend Posto, but be prepared to pay for it, especially if you want to indulge in a cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment