Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekday Breakfast to go

Some people have a routine - they wake up in the morning, shower, get ready, eat the same thing for breakfast every morning and then go to work. I am not one of those people. I enjoy variety - and so, I have something different for breakfast every morning. Now that the weather is starting to get warmer I can add smoothies back into my breakfast routine! It's also a good breakfast item to grab and take with me on my walk to work if I'm running a little behind. I'm always looking for new ideas - so feel free to share your favorite smoothie!

Basic Banana Berry Smoothie
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup yogurt (raspberry)
1 TB ground flaxseed
1/2 banana, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries*
1/4 cup fresh blackberries

*I like to buy fresh strawberries, rinse, slice and freeze in advance.

Directions for any smoothie are easy - put in blender and mix! It helps to put the liquid in first, then the ice. If your smoothie seems too thick, just add a bit more liquid a little at a time. I like the yogurt and flaxseed additions because it gives the smoothie a little more substance and it's more likely to keep me full through lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment