Wednesday, August 31, 2011

City Girl Cafe - Inman Square

I've had this place on my 'to-go' list for a while now and finally made it there at the end of July with my friend to kick off her post-bar celebratory weekend! We both really liked it here - cute atmosphere, local feel, great food, unique menu options, and on top of all that, great prices! They offer brunch, lunch and dinner - so I hope to be heading back soon to try more of their dishes out!

City Girl Caffe
204 Hampshire St (Inman Square), Cambridge


Lovely atmosphere inside with lights strung up, chalkboard walls and cute little tables.
Nice options for starters/appetizers - and they always have changing specials on the big chalkboard on the wall. They have a bruschetta section of the menu with a bunch of options - we opted for the roasted cherry tomato, basil bruschetta with fresh ricotta and balsamic glaze. Very good - with other options like walnut pesto and fontina bruschetta, and egg and asparagus bruschetta. Yum.
We also shared their simple house salad that was light, but good. Just mesclun greens, tomatoes, red onion, feta and a lemon-garlic vinaigrette that I really liked.
Finally, we each chose a panini - which are available in half and full size portions. Because of the other things we ordered, we both got half portions, which was plenty (since we were keeping in mind our stop at Christina's for ice cream afterwards!). My friend got the roasted eggplant one, with roasted red pepper, fresh mozzarella, greens and aioli. They were also happy to accommodate her request to change the type of bread. I opted for the goat cheese one. We both liked ours enough that we were questioning whether we should've gotten the full portion.

They also have lots of delicious sounding pasta dishes and pizza as well! They also have a drink menu, with mostly beer and wine - but I tried an interesting sounding beverage - their rosemary-lemon punch. I know some people think rosemary only belongs on a roast, but I disagree! It had prosecco, sweet vermouth, rosemary, lemon and simply syrup over ice - definitely different, but decent. I'm thinking their sangria might be calling my name next time - it comes with basil in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment