Friday, September 21, 2012

Seafood Center of Maine

With two friends visiting over Labor Day weekend I found out that one had never been to Maine before and one had only been once or twice before! I got planning and despite the bad weather, we spent part of the weekend driving up Route 1A along the coast, making stops in Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, Perkins Cove, York and no trip to Maine is complete without a stop at the Kittery Outlets! On the way home we knew we wanted to get some quality seafood so I set out on a yelp search for a good place near where we were. We ended up at the Seafood Center of Maine in Arundel, just a mile north of Kennebunk and were all pretty impressed with the food!

Seafood Center of Maine
1181 Portland Road (Rte 1), Arundel, Maine

I had been craving some good fried seafood for a while - my family usually goes once a year to indulge in the heart-stopping food, but I missed out when they went earlier this summer. So I knew right away which part of the menu was calling my name! Even if you don't eat friend food though, they have lots of options - grilled, baked, sandwiches, chowders and more!


The restaurant venue itself isn't anything special - we felt a bit like we were in someone's basement for a 15th birthday party (streamers hanging and everything!). It's those places though that surprise me in the best way, with their delicious homemade, fresh food! Prices seemed fairly reasonable for fresh seafood - for example, my friend's freshly steamed lobster dinner complete with a 1 1/4 lb lobster, coleslaw and fries was $14.75.

I opted for their famous fish fry, a fried white fish served with onion rings for just $7.95. My other friend went the healthier route and got the Baked Scallops with a side of waffle sweet potato fries ($13.90). If you're on Route 1 and in the Southern Maine area I'd definitely recommend this local spot!


Nothing better than someone experiencing fresh Maine lobster for the first time, but I still prefer getting messy eating lobster in my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment