Monday, September 5, 2011

Lobster and Grilled Corn Pasta

Once a year we have a lobster and steamer feast - we never really understood people that enjoyed ordering steamed lobsters in restaurants. It's such a messy meal which makes it much more enjoyable in the privacy of your own home. We had our lobster night yesterday, given the nice long holiday weekend - and it was a delicious night of cooking in! Steamers dipped in melted butter, steamed lobsters, grilled vegetables and pasta salad. Perfect summer night. I must have eaten too many steamers or something because by the time I had cleaned my lobster (I always start with the legs and smaller pieces, working my way up to the delicious claws and tail - much larger pieces!) - I wasn't even hungry anymore. A good solution though - I saved some of my lobster meat and used it today to cook this delicious dish.

Lobster and Grilled Corn Pasta
Lobster Meat
1 ear grilled corn
1/2 cup dry, wheat pasta
3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil (chiffonade)
1 TB chopped fresh chive
1 TB olive oil
salt and pepper



Whenever I grill corn I husk it first, and then soak in water for a little before putting on a hot grill. This was my first step here, in addition to getting my ingredients prepped and ready. A lot of my ingredients came from the garden, making this a perfectly seasonal, fresh and clean tasting dish. The corn only needs about 10 mins on the grill - don't worry about undercooking, but you don't want a black ear of corn either! While your corn is cooking you can also boil your water for your pasta.
In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, heat your oil and chop your lobster meat. When pan is hot, add your lobster (which will just need to be warmed). Then add your grilled corn (which you'll cut off of the cob).
Heat through a couple minutes more before adding your tomatoes. If you have different color tomatoes definitely use them - it adds great color and flavor variety! Sprinkle with some fresh pepper and salt, stir again.
As a last step, stir in the chives, basil and pasta, mixing together and taking off of the heat. The basil will wilt quickly and the pasta is already cooked, so this last step is really just mixing the flavors and ingredients together. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't I stick around longer yesterday?! I might have seen this dish come together and, perhaps, been there for the taste-testing! Do you cater private parties?

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point - as usual, my parents played taste-testers (and they're very good at it!). Would love to think about doing something like cooking for private parties in the future!

    ReplyDelete