Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Once upon a time ...

... there was a baby girl born who was always getting into things in the kitchen. Her mother tells a well-known story of this girl putting her plastic chicken in the microwave to cook, making a mess of flour everywhere in the kitchen and secretly trying to bake her birthday cupcakes for school behind the living room chair. After watching her mom for many years she started cooking on her own - for her parent's anniversary dinner and even creating menus for mother's day breakfast in bed. All of these things should've been a sign - but instead the girl chose to go to business school and then graduate school for a masters in education.

As I'm sure you've guessed by now, this girl is me. My name is Elise and it was exactly 7 months ago that I created a photo album on facebook of all of my cooking creations. Friends and family started commenting on the photos, asking for recipes, asking me to cook at their houses - so this new blog is just a more organized, and natural, extension of that food album! I hope that everyone enjoys following my time as ... The Academic Chef!

I loved my plastic cupcakes
before cupcakes were cool!
Cooking dinner in 1999 for my
parent's 20th anniversary!
Cooking with the freshest ingredients
from the garden!

As I mentioned above, making a mess
in the flour - surely I just wanted to bake!


My mom even wanted to make
sure my brother knew how to cook!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment